Saturday, February 20, 2010

Just Don't Call Her Small

I just wanted give a little spotlight to the lovely Hannah Holman. In case you don't know who she is, she is the new model who you may have seen in the Alexander Wang, and Miu Miu campaigns and trotting the runway for Marc Jacobs for FW10. Now the reason I thought her worth mentioning, aside from the fact that shes perfectly lovely (we just shot her, I with stylist Stevie Dance for the April cover of Russh magazine) is because I was quite surprised when she turned up to set in all of her petite glory. She's teeny by model standards, only 5'7" and I'd say thats being generous. A few people on set thought this a fact worth mentioning to Hannah, to which she quickly quipped, "I'm not small, I'm just small for a model".

Never since Kate and Devon (Aoki) have we seen such a pint size model making such a big splash. In addition to the Miu Miu campaign, Miuccia has taken a special likeing to her, having her close the Prada show and open the Miu Miu resort collection.

But all that said, I just want to say that she is oh so deserving, shes got a great face, and lovely personality to match. Enough with defining models by their height, 5 feet 10 inches does not a great model make, and I for one am glad the fashion industry has opened its little heart to this petite beauty. We shot her outside in New York winter weather, and she didn't so much as flinch under the freezing temperature. She's a trooper. And everybody likes a trooper. So goodluck Hannah, and may the fashion forces be with you.


Photo c/o fashionspot

No comments:

Post a Comment