Saturday, May 8, 2010

Met Gala

I'm back! again. I've been pretty under the weather lately so I took a short hiatus, but I'm back and could not move on without a mention for the Met gala.

So there were alot of catastrophes on this red carpet and there were a lot of stunners as well, as opposed to going on for way too long about looks that were lackluster or just plain bad, Ive decided to condense to my top fave 10. Short and sweet is always better I think. I'll let you turn to style.com for the total review of the 100 or so looks. Here we go.

Numero Uno! The stunner, the look that I j'adored- and I rarely say 'j'adore' was the one, the only, the girl who has made me love her with just one outfit, see I'm not so hard to please. Duh duh duh duuuuuuunnnnnn.... Alexa Chung in 3.1 Philip Lim with Senor Philip Lim himself. She came she saw she squashed the competition.

 Numero dos! Camilla Belle in Jason Wu. Now I know she looks a bit traditional ball gown red carpet, but something about this dress on her, transcends the normal mundane ball gown-ness that we would normally get from say a Penelope Cruz or Vira Farmiga. She looked pretty stunning. A young Sophia Lauren I think. Extra cred for wearing red, in accordance with the "American Woman" theme.
Numero Tres! Amber Valleta in that blue RM by Rouland Mouret. That gorgeous vintage inspired blue with her blue eyes, jewelry, shoes, all perfect. She looks amazing, and again extra cred for wearing blue in accordance with the theme.
Cuatro! Gwen Stefani in a gown of her own label, if not design- L.A.M.B. She always looks great and always throws a little bit of her ska princess vibe into the mix. The shiny pewter fabric of this dress gives it a little edge, and again, hair, makeup, etc, all check.
Cinco! Emma Roberts looked really cute and age appropriate in Marni. Looking very Miu Miu if I dont say so myself. Either way though, I love that she looked great but didn't try too hard or try to look older than she is, which often happens with these types of soirees. Simple hair and makeup topped this look off. Two
thumbs up Emma.
Seis! It should be noted that I am biased. Liya can do no wrong in my book. I think she is the most beautiful woman there ever was. So now with that out of the way, she rocked this look by Rachel Roy, somewhat of a departure for Rachel from the usual hum-ho gowns. Good on her, and no one better to rock it than Liya. Hot. Rachel however, Im not sure whats going on there. Ill leave that alone.
Siete! Jessica Alba wore a gorgeous silk Sophie Theallet gown, she looked beautiful and regal. That fabric looks like liquid rose gold. Classic and beautiful without being boring. love.
Ocho! Sienna Miller looked hot in down-to-there, up-to-there Pucci, in that very familiar Sienna Miller kind of way. She sort of always looks like this doesn't she? A little boho, a little casual and undone. Its her thing, I get it. She looks hot so Ill give her cred. Plus she wore jewels by Solange Azagury Patridge, and for that alone she gets my vote.
Nueve! Chloe Sevigny rarely doesn't make my best dressed. I think she always looks great. This teal, lace dress, while being very un-Proenza, was infact designed by the design duo. She looks good, not great to be honest. Maybe this should have been a top 8 list :/ Her shoes are super cute though.
Y Diez! And last but most certainly not least, I give my number ten spot to the unsinkable Grace Coddington, just because she shows up to say 'I'm here, Im the best damn editor living or dead (my opinion) and I dont give a f** so im wearing a black sheath and flats. Deal with it.' Ha! Love her. And that red hair, so good.
That's my wrap-up, who got your vote?

No comments:

Post a Comment