Friday, April 2, 2010

Stella McCartneys Meat Free Mondays

And in more 'why we love Stella McCartney' news: Stella and father Paul have launched Meat Free Mondays with the debut of a Stella McCartney for Gap Kids tshirt that will be sold exclusively at Gap stores in London. These ones are for boys, there is a leaopard print one for girls which I am still on the prowl for. These boys ones are super cute so shame we can't get them here in the states, but I really applaud her efforts. I am a meat eater, but since I only eat organic, locally raised meat, I'd say I end up being a vegetarian about 85% of the time. If I do find a restaraunt that sells burgers made from organic locally raised cows, I usually go for it just because its so rare (no pun intended). So for me its more like meat free monday-saturday.
But whether you agree with her reasons or not, I think its nice to support humane treatment of animals and relieve some of the impact mass meat production leaves on the planet and on the animals themselves. If you want more info I definitely reccomend watching Food Inc. Loooove me some Stella McCartney.

No comments:

Post a Comment